PCA School Dress Policy
Palisades Christian Academy School Dress Standards reflect Christian values and promote a unified professional and educational atmosphere while on campus and in the community.
· PCA School Dress Standards apply to all grades (K-10 students).
· Christian modesty, neatness, cleanliness and simplicity are expected in all areas of appearance.
· Students are expected to willingly adhere to the PCA School Dress Standards while at school, on school-sponsored events, or during extra-curricular school functions.
· Parents are expected to support the PCA School Dress Standards by being actively involved with their student’s clothing and accessories decisions.
· The school administration and faculty have the final determination on appropriateness of school attire.
Professional Standard School Wear
· Any solid color
· Must touch the top of the knee when standing (shorts, skirts, dresses, jumpers)
· Outer layer should not be athletic wear or spandex-like material
· Leggings may be worn under shorts, skirts, dresses, and jumpers
· Any long or short-sleeved, folded collar shirt (not sleeveless)
· Must be full or partial button down, and worn with no more than 2 buttons unbuttoned
· No pictures, words, or symbols larger than approximately 1” diameter (a quarter)
· Solid, single-color undershirt may be worn under shirt
· Sweatshirts are allowed indoors, if worn over a shirt that meets school standards
· No pictures, words, or symbols larger than the student’s hand
· Logos must be smaller than the student’s hand, unless the logo depicts a church/school-sponsored design
· Any PCA t-shirt and jeans
· Jeans must not have rips, holes, or frays
· Worn at all times: indoors and outdoors
· Closed-toe footwear (tennis/running/court shoes, dress shoes, boots, or casual shoes)
· Sandals with heeled strap (except on playground and field)
· A second pair of athletic shoes is required for indoor gym use only—may be kept at school
PE Attire – Grades 7-10
· A PE uniform will be provided by the school at the beginning of the school year.
· An extra uniform may be purchased, if desired
· Scarves may be worn over shirt
· Outerwear (jackets and coats), hats and sunglasses are acceptable outdoors
· Belts are encouraged
· Jewelry (except clear spacers) is not allowed, and must be retrieved by a parent if worn to school
· Avoid extreme nail polish
· Tattoos or body piercings of any kind may not be displayed on the body
· Keep hair clean and well-groomed
· Avoid unnatural hair color and extreme hairstyles
Music Department Performance Attire
· Palisades Christian Academy Music Department performance attire applies to all 4-10 music performance groups.
· All black on black performance attire
· Long or short-sleeved shirt
· Shoes, socks
· Long or short-sleeved dress (knee-length or longer)
· Long or short-sleeved shirt (no sleeveless, please) and skirt (knee-length or longer) or pants
· Shoes, socks/tight
Modesty, neatness, cleanliness and simplicity are expected in all performance attire. Improper performance attire may affect the student’s privilege to perform, as well as the student’s music grade.