Palisades Christian Academy School Dress Standards reflect Christian values and promote a unified professional and educational atmosphere while on campus and in the community.
- PCA School Dress Standards apply to all grades (K-10 students).
- Christian modesty, neatness, cleanliness and simplicity are expected in all areas of appearance.
- Students are expected to willingly adhere to the PCA School Dress Standards while at school, on school sponsored events, or during extra-curricular school functions.
- Parents are expected to support the PCA School Dress Standards by being actively involved with their student’s clothing and accessories decisions.
- The school administration and faculty have the final determination on appropriateness of school attire.
Professional Standard School Wear:
- Chino style in twill or corduroy fabric
- Solid khaki, black, or navy blue
Shorts, skirts, jumpers/dresses
- Covers at least three-fourths (3/4) of the thigh when standing
- Solid khaki, black, or navy blue
- Any solid color, long or short-sleeved, collared polo shirt
(Friday option - any PCA shirt or any solid color polo shirt)
- Solid, single color undershirt may be worn under polo shirt
- Solid, single color cardigan, v-neck and crew neck style sweaters, sweater vests and sweatshirts are allowed indoors if worn over polo shirt
- Acceptable prominent design or logo: PCA logo
Footwear and Other Accessories (expected at all times):
- Worn at all times: indoors and outdoors
- Closed-toe footwear (tennis/running/court shoes, dress shoes, boots, or casual shoes)
- Sandals with heeled strap (except on playground and field)
- Athletic shoes required for P.E.
- Scarves may be worn over polo shirt
- Outerwear (jackets and coats), hats and sunglasses are acceptable outdoors
- Belts are encouraged
- Leave jewelry items at home
- Avoid extreme nail polish
- Tattoos or body piercings of any kind may not be displayed on the body
- Keep hair clean and well-groomed
- Avoid unnatural hair color and extreme hairstyles
Music Department Performance Attire:
Palisades Christian Academy Music Department performance attire applies to all 5-10 music performance groups, orchestra, and King’s Kids Youth Choir.
All black on black performance attire
- Long or short-sleeved shirt
- Shoes, socks
- Long or short-sleeved dress (knee-length or longer)
- Long or short-sleeved shirt (no sleeveless, please) and skirt (knee-length or longer) or pants
- Shoes, socks/tights
Modesty, neatness, cleanliness and simplicity are expected in all performance attire. Improper performance attire may affect the student’s privilege to perform, as well as the student’s music grade.
P.E. Department Uniform:
Palisades Christian Academy grades 6-10 students are expected to wear a uniform during each P.E. class. Students are required to change into the uniform before P.E. class and change out of the uniform after P.E. class.
- PCA logo T-shirt
- Dark color athletic shorts or pants
- Athletic shoes
PCA will provide the first P.E. shirt. Additional shirts or replacement shirts cost $10.00.
Field Trips and Off-Campus School-Sponsored Events:
Palisades Christian Academy grades K-10 students may be asked to wear a PCA logoed polo shirt* for specified off-campus activities or for a special event at school. Sizes will be obtained near the beginning of the school year, and all shirts, one navy polo logoed shirt per student, will be ordered at the same time through the office to obtain a school-wide discount. The price of this shirt will be charged on each student’s school bill.
A PCA school account is set up with Land’s End, which offers the entire selection of PCA professional dress standards along with the PCA school logo. Additional stores that carry appropriate clothing are: