Name: Kelly Meyer
Role: Grade 1 & 2 Teacher
Credentials: M.A. in Literacy. B.S. in Elementary Education. A.S. in Early Childhood Education. 16+ years in education.
After graduating from Walla Walla College in 1988 I began teaching first and second grade in Tacoma, Washington. Teaching literacy quickly became my passion and I pursued taking classes and attending workshops in this field. I am currently a member of the International Reading Association which allows me to remain current in reading research strategies and theories. I often attend conferences conducted by the Staff Development for Educators and summer classes at Walla Walla University to remain current with both state and denomination certification. I hold an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, and a Master’s Degree in Literacy. I have the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination teaching certificate and successfully completed my state Professional Certification through Gonzaga University in June of 2009.
- M.A. in Literacy from Walla Walla College
- B.S. in Elementary Education with a minor in Sociology from WWC
- A.S. in Early Childhood of Education from WWC
- Live just outside of Spokane with my husband, Mike, and two of our six children
- I have a passion for teaching!
- I love children and working with them!